The BARD Mobile app enables registered patrons to download audio and braille books, magazines, and music scores directly to their mobile device. The app is available for Android, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Amazon Kindle Fire.
Using BARD Mobile
To use BARD Mobile:
- Setup a BARD account
- Make sure your BARD password is permanent. BARD Mobile will not accept temporary passwords
- Download The FREE BARD Mobile app from Google Play Store, iTunes App Store or the Amazon Kindle Fire Store
- Find it using the search term "bardmobile" or "nls"
- Install it on your device
- Open the app and enter your username and password as requested. BARD Mobile will store this for future use
The library has created an easy guide to help you get started using BARD Mobile.
NLS produced a series of YouTube videos covering how to use BARD Mobile. Access the videos online at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpAGnumt6iV7Aap_-C8b-8pR_HCxnh_Ls
A detailed user guide is available in the Help section of the app
Online in help is available in HTML format:
- iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) - http://nlsbard.loc.gov/apidocs/BARDMobile.userguide.iOS.current.html
- Android - https://nlsbard.loc.gov/apidocs/android/v1.0.3/toc.html
NLS YouTube videos on how to use BARD Mobile - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpAGnumt6iV7Aap_-C8b-8pR_HCxnh_Ls
The library also has a Frequently Asked Questions section for answers to some common questions.