- Staff Picks
- Berkov's Bookshelf
- Best Sellers
- Book Groups
- Find Recent Books and Magazines in Braille and Audio
- Available Magazines
- Summer Reading Program
- Reader Interest Websites
- Strategies for Teaching Reading
Need something good to read? Pick up a Staff Pick
Collections Librarian Joshua Berkov shares his picks, insight and reviews of series, authors, and new titles coming to the library's shelves. Here's the latest pick(s) on Berkov's bookshelf.
In partnership with the Raleigh Department of Parks and Recreation Visually Impaired Program the library presents the VIP Book Club. Here are the VIP Book Club selections
- Talking Book Topics - lists of recent audio books, (new issues every two months)
- Braille Book Review - lists of recent braille books, (new issues every two months)
- Annual List of Braille and Audio Books - (compilations of the bimonthly lists above)
The library has a Summer Reading Program for kids and adults. Read books, win prizes and have fun. For more information check out the Summer Reading Program page.
Here are some links to resources that offer ideas and inspiration to enhance your reading experience.
- Reading Group Guides.com - a good site for those interested in books groups and some good book suggestions
- New York Review of Books - a good site to learn about recently reviewed books from a trusted source
- Washington Post Critics Picks - a selection of good reads from the Washington Post
- Strategies for Teaching Students with Vision Impairments
- Strategies for Teaching Students with Learning Disabilities
- Strategies for Teaching Students with Motor/Orthopedic Impairments