The State Library is redesigning our website with the goal of creating the best possible experience for our users. Please take a moment to have a look. We welcome your feedback on the new web site.
2010-2011 Statistical Report of North Carolina Public Libraries
Each annual statistical report provides an overview of the staff, finances, collections, services, usage, and automation in North Carolina's public libraries. To facilitate comparisons, libraries are arranged by type (county, regional or municipal) and within type, by population of the legal service area. The legal service population figures are taken from the Population Estimates and Projections published by the North Carolina Office of State Budget and Management.
The deadline for submission for the 2010-2011 statistical report was September 30, 2011. While all 77 public library systems returned their annual report form, not all items on each form were filled out. Data element fields that were left blank or were reported as N/A are generally entered as zero.
- Five Year Statewide Summary (Excel)
- Table 1 - Library Profile (Excel)
- Table 2 - Library Staff (Excel)
- Table 3 - Salaries & Wages (Excel)
- Table 4 - Operating Income (Excel)
- Table 5 - Operating Income: Per Capita Measures & Percent Totals (Excel)
- Table 6 - Operating Expenditures (Excel)
- Table 7 - Collection (Excel)
- Table 8 - Print Collection: Percent Totals & Per Capita Measures (Excel)
- Table 9 - Circulation: Type of Material (Excel)
- Table 10 - Circulation: Service Outlets & Service Measures (Excel)
- Table 11 - Service Measures: User Visits, Reference Questions, & ILL (Excel)
- Table 12 - Library Programs & Attendance (Part I) (Excel)
- Table 13 - Library Programs & Attendance (Part II) (Excel)
- Table 14 - Electronic Technology (Excel)
- Complete Report (Excel)
- North Carolina Public Library Survey form (pdf)
- Instructions and Data Definitions (pdf)