The State Library of North Carolina is offering scholarships to adult learners (18+) to earn a high school diploma through Gale Presents: Excel Adult High School. Excel Adult High School offers a unique environment for non-traditional learners to return to school, including a fully online experience, 24/7 tutoring, and a success coach. Offering this program allows adults to restart their education in a supportive environment and help move past challenges they may have encountered in the traditional school setting.
Additional features of the program include:
- The accredited high school diploma is accepted by colleges, employers, and the military (not an equivalency exam).
- The 21.5-credit curriculum is aligned to national standards. Learners can select from more than 100 core academic, elective, and college-level courses.
- There’s no cost to eligible students.
- The program is 100% online, with 24/7 access to courses.
- The schedule is flexible and self-paced — learners can finish in 24 months or less. Students can graduate sooner with transfer credits.
- Transfer credits are accepted from previous high school(s) and passed portions of the GED®, HiSet®, or TASC exams.
- Unlimited one-on-one tutoring sessions and support from success coaches is offered.
- Course translations and read-aloud tools for English language learners are available.
- Students can earn up to 21 free college credits through ACE (American Council on Education) courses.
- The counseling team can assist with course selection, college planning, and career guidance.
Find more information including how to apply at SLNC's Excel High School Portal.
Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions here.
For all other inquiries, please contact: ExcelSLNC@dncr.nc.gov