Government and Heritage Library Card
Attention North Carolina residents! Now you can sign up for a library card at the Government & Heritage Library, part of the State Library of North Carolina (SLNC). To get your library card, fill out the GHL Library Card Application form and email the form to email@example.com or bring it with you to the library.
What can I do with my library card?
- If you are a North Carolina resident or a state agency employee, you can apply for a library card and borrow items from the Government & Heritage Library's circulating collection. If you are outside of Raleigh and your local library is a member of the NC Cardinal Consortium, you may place a hold on our circulating materials and they will be sent to your library.
- State Library card holders can access many databases off-site. GHL subscribes to many different databases. Check our website to determine access availability. Some databases are only available on-site.
How do I get a card?
- Fill out a library card application form for the Government & Heritage Library.
- Email the application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it in to the library.
- You will need to present a state issued identification card to complete your registration and receive your library card.
Additional information may be found in the North Carolina Administrative Code: 07 NCAC 02H .0100-.0109.
GHL Library Card Application Form